I have been looking at some clip art and found this one at ChristArt. It really makes me think about how much I need to bend. When is bending a good thing and when is it not. Thinking of trees reminds me of last Sunday when I preached about a branch connected to a tree. Using John 15. Most people don't know lots about grape vines here in Lichinga, so I used the example of a mango tree. Jesus says that we are all branches. But the problem is: are we connected or are we just fire wood. Fire wood has a purpose and most people around here couldn't eat if they didn't have fire wood, but it only last a sort while. While branches that are connected bear fruit year after year. So do we want to be like fire wood? Jesus wants us to be continually connected.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8 (NIV)
Saturday, January 30, 2010
I have been looking at some clip art and found this one at ChristArt. It really makes me think about how much I need to bend. When is bending a good thing and when is it not. Thinking of trees reminds me of last Sunday when I preached about a branch connected to a tree. Using John 15. Most people don't know lots about grape vines here in Lichinga, so I used the example of a mango tree. Jesus says that we are all branches. But the problem is: are we connected or are we just fire wood. Fire wood has a purpose and most people around here couldn't eat if they didn't have fire wood, but it only last a sort while. While branches that are connected bear fruit year after year. So do we want to be like fire wood? Jesus wants us to be continually connected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your clip art. I'm currently listening to the first in a series of Character sermons from Dee Duke from Jefferson First Baptist. They have free MP3 downloads! I downloaded a bunch to my new MP3 player so I can listen in the car with the children.
Thanks Janice!
Love YOU!
Jayne
Post a Comment