Saturday, February 06, 2010


Today is Sunday and I have a half an hour before I need to head out to Church. I attend an Anglican Church just outside of the city. Why Anglican? When we first arrived in Lichinga we were looking for a church were the local Yao people attended and where Chiyao (the language of the Yao) was spoken. This lead me to the Anglican church. At times I wasn't sure I was in a Catholic church, as there is a lot of ritual, but over the years some of that has changed. The most exciting change is the pastor we now have. He is a born again Christian, who has the calling of God to bring people to God. It is exciting to see him out visiting in homes, reconciling estranged church members, visiting in the hospital and not to mention preaching most Sundays. The word he preaches is from God's Word and his heart. Pray that he will continue to have great ministries.

No comments: