Today I was reminded again of my years of teaching in Malawi. One of my former students now lives here in Lichinga. Of all the students I taught, this is one that I do remember, why? His mother was a member of our local church and women's group as well as the house worker for my fellow missionary, Christine. The lady was Mayi Kamwendo. Her son is Paul.
I met him in Lichinga some years ago when he was doing a business of buying and selling.
He came today to ask about buying some bibles, but the hour before he told me about his life. He knew that he should live for the Lord and yet he wanted to do his own thing, and he was very successful in making money. God called him to full time ministry, but, as he said, he wanted to make money. It was exciting to hear him tell his story of how God had called him and he would start to follow the Lord and then return to his business. God told him if he wouldn't preach, he wouldn't make money. He had a business of raising chickens, many died and the live ones he couldn't sell, no one would buy them. He started selling cell phones, he had bought in Malawi, then his money was stolen. Finally, he decided to follow completely. He and his wife are preaching, visiting people and also have a gift of healing. Though they do not have a source of income God is providing for their needs and even some of their wants.
He said that I had taught his baptism class, that was a long time ago, it is good to see some of the fruit of those years in Nsanje.
1 comment:
thanks for the story. it's a reminder to be diligent now so later we'll have a reward. reap what you sow...
Post a Comment