Sunday, February 28, 2010


Our visits to Caia continue. The group has grown both in number as well as in spiritual interest. We gained a few people who have been part of churches in other areas, so we now have singing as well. A month ago one man said that we need to have an offering, so I did some teaching on tithing and giving offerings and what the difference is. I have been encouraged that people are giving more than the smallest coin that they could find. Some have brought food instead of money, such as bananas, mangos, pumpkins and dried beans. At the moment we don't have a resident pastor, so I bought the food. It is easier to keep money that it is to keep ripe mangoes and ripe bananas. One man was preparing to plant some beans and said that he could hardly wait to get the crop, so that he could bring his 1/10 to give to God. Wouldn't it be exciting if everyone caught the excitement of giving!

No comments: