My visits to the village of Caia have not been what I was hoping. I had made a point to not go unless I was with someone else. My someone else is Jeffery. He has been trying to do two jobs and has not been free to go weekly. We have gone two times and one time I sent a friend with him as I was not well. The two times I had gone no one came to the meeting, but yesterday was different. I had been praying that people would come and that there would be no funeral to stop them from attending. Friday was different, we meet serveral of the men around the village and we met under the porch of one of the houses. Started with only a few and then slowly the number grow to about 20. We first greeted, they asking me how my time in the States was and I asking how things had gone. There had be a community garden started just before I left, I asked how it went, well it was not a suceess. As someone said: 'it is easy to plant to gether but not so easy to harvest together'. That is exactly what happened, they started well, but then some didn't help with the weeding, people weren't organized to harvest, so some got something and they have decided that a community project will not work for them. Another thing that happen while I was away was that they changed the day of the meeting from Friday to Saturday. I have no problem with the days, but I asked them which one would work best for them? Their answer was: "we don't want to be baptized". Well, what a surprise!! It seems that the local chief had said that his village was Muslim and he didn't want anyone to be baptised to be in a Christian church. The exciting thing was, that from the discussion, many of these men would like to be baptised. So pray with us as we continue to teach that God's Word will work in their lives and that the seeds that have been planted will grow and bring forth fruit.
3 comments:
So good to get an update on Caia. It is very helpful when you give us a window into Africa -- it is SO different -- and it helps to know how to pray.
Good job on the blogging. Keep it up :)
Joyce
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
May the blessing that is Christmas surround you with love...Maribeth
Post a Comment