Last week I was at a Director's retreat in George, South Africa. It is a great place to go, right on the ocean, saw whales right up on close to the shore. Unfortunately my camera didn't get a good picture of them.
The meetings were good, the devotionals were on Christ in Revelations, the speaker was Dereck Stone. I had met him in Lichinga once, as he is friends with some other missionaries. It was good to see him and his wife again.
We also had a seminar by Rich Campe. He had all of us do some on line tests to graph our thinking patterns. He said that we all have belief systems which can limit us to what we know and have experienced. So he encouraged us to break out of those belief systems. Breaking out of the systems lets us look again at what seems to be impossible and maybe is really possible. Which could have huge impacts on ministries. He had us do three things that to most of us seems impossible. The first thing was to use your hand and hit a board to split it in to two pieces. After the third attempt, my board was in two pieces. Wow, I could do that. Another thing was to break an arrow with your throat. Putting an arrow against the wall and your throat and push until it broke. Wow, again. Never thought I could do that. Then the third thing was walking on hot coals. I had seen this done on TV, and had always thought that there was something magical or mystical or even satanic, but after having it explained and watching it done, I too was able to do it.

2 comments:
Woohoo! I'm so proud of you for stretching your comfort zones!
So great that the RSA meetings were good. Amazing to strech yourself in this manner. May it continue to inspire you in all of your ministry.
Rindi
Post a Comment