Friday, January 01, 2010


Christmas this year was a bit different as we celebrated out in the village of Caia. I woke up a little late and heard the rain falling. Wasn't sure what that was going to mean for our service out in the village. Usually when it is raining we don't go, but it was Christmas and we had promised a lunch. I have to be careful what I call it as it wasn't what I would call a feast but it was food. We had bought rice and beans to be cooked out in the village when we arrived. I had soaked the beans overnight so they needed to be cooked now. We left a little bit later than planned, I was feeling good as the rain seemed to have stopped and that would mean an easier drive. The village of Caia lis about 40 kms north of Lichinga on a very nice road and then we turn off to a trail which goes through the grass. As we approached the turnoff I mentioned that it looked like lots of rain up ahead. And there sure was. The road had truned into a river at places. All I could say was that I was glad that the road was hard and not muddy. We pulled up to the Church to see that it was newly furnished with seats and a table in the front with flowers. We spent most of the morning trying to avoid the rain drops. At last the rain let up a bit and we had our service and food.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow! your Christmas was a little different than ours :)

Jayne said...

It's fun to see the updates on the village. I'm thinking the wet, muddy look is very close to what we have right now.
The snow melted last night. Micah comment this morning was: We can see the green grass, there's no more snow.

Anonymous said...

precious pictures.....belinda