Saturday, January 09, 2010

aby
Entertainment. I am sure that people outside of Mozambique would wonder what we do for entertainment, is there anything to do? Well, my relaxing time us usually used up with reading, watching DVD's cooking or market shopping. To day was a day for Market shopping. Here in Lichinga we have a large used clothes market. You alway wondered were the things went that you give away to Goodwill or other organizations? Well some of it comes here. Just like at the Goodwill stores we have some things that are just junk, but there are also some good stuff. Today I was in the market for baby clothes, some of the people I know have had babies lately so I needed some more things, I found some nice little things for small babies, I also found a skirt for me and a sleeping bag. I do have a sleeping bag, but it is very light and in June I am planning on a trip to Tanzania, and thought a little bit heavier one would be good, so I bought it as well. The total that I paid for everything was about $18, I quickly washed them all out and hung them on the line to dry. So I am happy with some new things...at least new to me.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I am so excited to see you blogging! It makes my day to read these little updates.

joann said...

I found your blog by looking up SIM to see if the newsletter had anymore updates from you and lo and belold....here you are at the goodwill store!!What will you be doing in Tanzania? Later, Joann