Monday, March 26, 2007

Prayer Update at the Caia village...

Thank-you for praying for me and the work that Omar and I are doing in the village of Caia. The interest has been good. Two weeks ago I was not able to go as I had executive meetings and then last week because of not feeling very well and having one of my fellow missionaries in town, who needed to get to the airport.

Yesterday Omar received a letter saying that though we had missed two weeks that we should not miss this week. I saw the letter this morning and thought: “At least they are not kicking us out, they still want us to visit”.

Today when we arrived we greeted those who came, some couldn’t come as they had gone to see a sick person who was out in near his maize field. So we began with a few, then the ones who had gone to visit the sick also arrived. We read the Bible and explained the passage. There were many questions; some related to the topic other relating to the beliefs of the people. We finally finished, some wanted to read some more, but I always would like them to want more and not be tired of listening, so we promised to continue another day, prayed a final prayer and got ready to go.

BUT two of the most faithful attending men came and sat with me. They needed a piece of paper. I had just given out some free calendars, so took the January page and let him write on the back. He wrote, “We have 11 people who are in the needed group”. I asked, “What does this mean?” He went on to say that there were 11 people who have decided that they want to follow Jesus. I asked, “Are they here?” He said, “Not all of them.” “Well, we need everyone together. Could they all come next week?” I asked. They agreed for next week on Friday, March 30th.

Now I am asking for more prayer. These men have decided to leave behind their traditional beliefs. Pray for them this week. Satan would rather that Jesus doesn’t control this village; he will do things to prevent the spread of God’s Word. Pray for Omar and me, that we will know the right words to present a clear claim of God on their lives. Then we will have a church!!! The work has only begun.

This has been an exciting day and I wanted you to know about it too.


See a link to the SIM website where the story of the Caia village is featured: http://www.sim.org/categorylist.asp?fun=4&fun2=1&id=1525

No comments: