Hi,
I have had another busy week. The Groves will not be returning to Lichinga for a while and they are taking another look at oversees missions. The Wheatleys packed all the Groves' things into their containers, now the house is very empty with only the furnature.
My TEE class finished and so they took their test yesterday. They want to start another book, so as we have finished the old testament survey, we will begin the new testament. There are three books in the series. That should take us to the middle of next year.
Peg, the doctor who works down by the lake, was in this week. She has been walking up and down the lake visiting health centers and giving training. This time she looked really bushed, I hope that she will take it a bit easier as she does such a good work.
Matthias arrived on Tuesday, so I made a few meals for him, but he is on his own now. He is waiting to get his visa renewed, so might be here for a month. He is staying in the Guesthouse.
I heard from the Korean lady who is coming to work with us here in Lichinga, She says she will arrive in December. It will be interesting to get to know her.
On Friday we went out to the village again. This outreach was instigated by Omar our guard. He wanted to go to a village where he grow up and share Christ with them. We have been going each week for the last month. They know so little and what they know is only what some one heard from some one else. They are really seeking to know the truth. They wanted to see the Jesus film, so we will show it on the first Friday of November. We have been teaching in the old testament, but I think we will now start with the life of Christ.
The IUBM, the church who we used to work with, invited me to preach today. I talked on Abigail. They seemed to be interested.
Thursday I go back to Johannesburg to meet the new Deputy International Director who is taking Tim Kopps place. I will be gone for a week.
Love
Janice
No comments:
Post a Comment