Thursday, September 15, 2005

Travel Update

Dear family and friends,

I had a really good trip all along the way.

My first stop was with Jodi, she couldn't pick me up at Beira, so sent someone else who was picking up another visitor. I arrived about 6pm at Maforga, we had a nice time together and then two days later she took me into Chimoio to leave from there.

I spent the night in Johannesburg with Dianne Husted, who is our area treasurer. Then she put me on the plane for Cape Town the next morning.

Gloria picked me up at the airport and took me to visit two of the pastors with whom she is working. We got tea at the first place and a great meal at the second place. She then took me to the place where she is staying; a very kind lady has let her stay with her for free! What a good deal! We then went to dinner with some ladies from the mission's committee at the church which has been supporting her.

The next morning we were out for a day of being a tourist. We visited her college (she is doing post graduate work in Theology). Then we went on to the penguin farm and the “End of the World”, or at least the end of Africa at Cape point where you can try to see which water is from the Indian Ocean and which is from the Atlantic. We then returned and picked up some Kentucky Fried Chicken and ate at her home. Sunday morning she took me to her church, with the exception of 5 people it is all white, Gloria used to say that she was the one which made the church multi cultural. We had lunch at the Mission Committee chairman’s house and then she dropped me off at Marge Prince's house. Marge is the SIM director for southern South Africa. I was picked up at her house to go with the Saindon girls to church in the evening. We stopped at their house, or the house where they are staying, it is just across the road from the Ocean. What a beautiful place! It was a nice service at their church and then after church they sold small pizzas to those who were hungry instead of people going out to eat, everyone fellowshipped there at church. After that I was taken back to Marge's house. Monday we shopped a bit, and then on Tuesday Marge and I went up to Table Mountain. We drove up to the place where the cable car was and then road up to the top, really amazing view.

Wednesday I back at the airport to go to Johannesburg and attend meetings until Saturday afternoon when I jumped back on the plane to Maputo.

I had talked to the superintendent of the IUBM about a meeting on Sunday. We had a good discussion and I think we all left happy.

Monday Morning I was back on the plane to Lichinga.

Now it is Wednesday (Sept. 14) and I have one day to sort out some things here in Lichinga and pack my bag and then Friday morning head for Blantyre and Saturday to Tete. Please pray for the time in Tete, for good travel, good conversations and good teaching.

On the 27th I will be picking up Diana (from Romanian) in Lilongwe. With all going well I should be back in Lichinga by the 30th.

Lots of Love,

Janice

No comments: